The President’s doors are open and ready to welcome guests back to the comfort and safety of their hotel. In celebration, they have launched their experience video, which showcases the iconic hotel and its perfect location to access, explore, discover and experience all that Cape Town has to offer.
Characterized by its bright and large, open plan, beach lux design – complete with panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean and Lion’s Head – the hotel is leading the way with local hospitality best practice, and implementing comprehensive health and safety measures.
With the well-being of staff and guests a top priority for The President Hotel, the SAFE programme was launched by the hotel over a month ago and is in full swing to mitigate the spread of Covid-19. The following measures and standards of operations have been implemented under SAFE, to mention but a few:
- Complimentary Health Kits: guests are provided with complimentary hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes in each room / apartment.
- Non-Invasive Temperature Screenings: upon arrival at the hotel, all staff and guests are screened by non-invasive temperature checks.
- Keyless Entry: guests are able to use their mobile devices with the hotel’s Bluetooth door locks to enter their room / apartment.
- Contactless Check-in and Out: the hotel’s check-in process has been streamlined to utilise digital platforms and limit interaction.
- PPE: all hotel staff wear the relevant Personal Protective Equipment.
- Social Distancing: spaces throughout the hotel have been redesigned to respect social distancing requirements. Occupancy levels are closely monitored and where possible, rooms are allocated according to social distancing norms and are left for a 48 hour waiting period after vacated.
- Isolation and Quarantine Procedures: already implemented prior to lockdown, the procedure includes intensive third-party disinfection and quarantine of a room occupied by guest(s) who become ill. Guests will be required to complete an online pre-arrival Medical and Travel declaration and all guest details will be recorded.
- Contactless Payment Options: a variety of contactless payment methods are available including Masterpass, Tap & Pay Credit Card Machines, SnapScan and iVeri Secure Payment Gateway.
- Advanced Cleaning Technology: hospital-grade cleaning products, Surface Defence Standard Treatment containing a 90-Day Active Surface (SDST), electrostatic sprayers and HEPA-grade air purifiers are used to maintain the highest standards of cleaning and disinfection.
- Food and Beverage: food and beverage offerings are pre-wrapped, grab-and-go options that are prepared under strict hygiene conditions. Sustainable single-use packaging is used where possible.
- Health and Safety Manager: on-site Health and Safety Manager is available 24 hours a day. Health inspection certification is conducted by external suppliers.