With the cold weather around the corner, Wish on Florida has the perfect vegetarian soup dish recipe for you to enjoy at home.
This cosy soup dish has hints of smouldering subtle heat (chillies) and sweet notes of sweet potatoes and a must have for the cold winter nights.
Wish on Florida’s Thyme roasted sweet potato and butternut soup
- 1 butter
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 4 carrots
- 750g thyme
- 500g Rosemary
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 500ml chicken /veg stock
- 2 chillies / more depending on your preferences of heat
- 250ml full cream
- Peel and cube the sweet potato and butternut.
Peel the 2 carrots roughly chop
Roughly chop half the onion and celery
- In a roasting pan add your veg and oil them up real good, add the spices, salt and pepper to taste. Roast till soft.
- Finely chop the rest of the onion, garlic, fresh herbs and chillies
Roughly chop the rest of the Celery and carrots
Heat you pan on high, add your mixture of veg and herbs.
Allow the veg to brown but do not burn!
- Add the stock of your choice allow to simmer for about 3mins. Now add your roasted vegetables
- Blend the mixture adjust seasoning with salt and pepper you can add a touch of sugar as well. Add a dash of cream to finish it off and you done.